Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Goings on, accompanied by snaps of everyday light extravaganzas



So, I promised to do it, but I didn't go to the opening, I suck, I know, Hermit Milla won't come out from under her rock until I'm good and ready. Maybe spreading the word will make up for it? My super fab friend Phoebe is pals with William Stone, and with his show's title of "Let's Subtle Down Together", I'm bound to love his work too since I just love brains that appreciate puns. Anyhoo, it closes soon, so check it out.

In other art news my dear friend Eso has a gigantor steel sculpture up in Red Hook, and yes, I suck, I hermited out of that opening as well.

And Mr. Schuster, charming Photo Editor of Mass Appeal, is co-founder of The Humble Arts Foundation. The last show of theirs that I saw BLEW ME AWAY! I haven't been so excited about photo in a while. I encourage you to attend their exhibits, both online and real. Rumour has it they're seeking out a gallery space, which would be wonderful.

Lastly, my pal Joel who runs Guernica is having a cocktail hour this Thursday at Gallery Bar. His literary magazine is a lovely, thoughful, enlightening creation, take a peek.

Our intern arrives today. She's cute cute cute, but Kate and I are going to have to get used to having someone else around. It's going to be a big old learning experience for all!

Loving the weather!!

Milla

No comments: