Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I won't hold my breath

Breathing plays a large role in our work -for me. I want our models to look like they’ve just exhaled, I love to watch them exhale. A lot of my blog post titles are about breath. We have a Breathless series –Kate and I holding our breath until our forehead or neck veins pop out.

It’s all quite abstract and malformed, but it’s there.

Kate and I were talking about it, and then we realized the funny play on words, to IN SPIRE, to breath in, then to exhale, put it back out there, changed.

I think it’s a common issue with people who run their own business –there’s a degree of isolation. You’re not going by the same clock that most everyone else is. You can leave the office, but it goes home with you, it’s just the nature of doing it yourself.

So Kate and I went out, to breath out, breath in, respire, inspire.

This is what transpired:

We needed a soundtrack, so I brought my new rubberised radio


Is it Noah's new ark? No, just a forlorn funicular.


Spot the pigeon...


This makes me think of sharks.


A tree is born.


Salt Mountain


Kate ponders her Kryptonite chastity belt.


This make me think of Cairo.


I'm not supposed to be eating cake.


That's me:


Now you can see the whole thing in motion:


No comments: