Thursday, June 14, 2007

You must develop a complete disregard for where your abilities end.



The above title is from a clever little book I'm reading. It's the Art of War for creative businesses (or boxers, as the case may be).

So:

Crikey.


I was feeling good. Happy even. A good week:

-A lovely evening on the roof of the Soho House.

-A lazy day playing with Kate and Joe.



-Good sparring last night, kept it easy, not trying to kill anyone.

-Excited to spar today, continue my new practice of strong but calm pressure.

Everything’s good, then BLAM, hit my stupid foot on someone’s stupid elbow.

I tried to push through but I couldn’t stand on the foot.

So I excused myself, felt like a twat for having to. Then suddenly, without warning, no inkling whatsoever, as I’m icing my foot, I started to cry.



Couldn’t stop, all through the shower even.

That's the first time I've cried at school. I've felt like it, been on the verge of it, but never actually done it. Until today.

I'm fed up with fucking up.

Anyhoo. Video on the way, been having connection problems.



-Milla

No comments: