Thursday, July 5, 2007

I could not appeal to the same human heart whose elementary response I knew nothing of



So I was having one of those good old-fashioned existentialist crises. I thought I was too old for that sort of stuff, not because I’m wise or know anything, but simply the nature of my crisis was so facile and lame I might as well have been back in 9th grade French class reading Camus for the first time.

But then the volume turned down as my hormones subsided, and I had a brief and certainly, fleeting, moment of clarity.

I love it when that happens.

Dismantle it, put it back together again.

-Mils

2 comments:

Morphus said...

I haven't had an existentialist moment in a very long time! Kinda spooky, but kinda dig it too.

Ziesdov61 said...

Can you share what you saw in your moment of clarity?