Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Dagnabbit, I freaking love it -everything.

Everyday for the past while there has been at least one gorgeous, wondrous occurrence.

It all started with the Master Cleanser I did last December. Out of that experience a mantra was born: Life feels so good. And to this day those words will creep into my mind and I get filled with the sensation that no matter what, it's true, life does feel so good.

Then with the training for Nationals, I learned about dedication. Something, at that level, I had never understood. The preparations, the training, the people, the fights, changed my life.

Now, even though I'm a little bereft without a fight to train for, and have an understandable need to take a rest from over training and under eating, I still feel imbued with lovely feelings of vitality, achievement, camaraderie and a slew of other things I can't yet find words for.

I know to some I'm sappy, but I can't help it, it feels good to feel good.

I want to shout about it in the hopes that it's contagious.

And then I keep getting reminders that there are so many amazing people in this world. I feel like I know so many of them, and this makes me feel incredibly lucky.

Anyway, here's the first fight.


No comments: