Monday, November 26, 2007

Work it out.

Oh my, oh s#!t, oh yeah.

Time to get back to biznas.

I’ve got butterflies in my belly.

Things look good, very good, possibility abounds.

I’ve been traveling; recuperating, breathing deeply and playing, and I feel, finally, creativity lurching back full force.

Kate and I often talk about the struggle to maintain a career path that pleases us. As with anything, balance is hard to attain, but not impossible - as mentioned this week, “integrity is rarely painless.”

We’ve learned this the hard way. Trying to keep integrity within our workplace is hard when you need to pay the bills. It’s difficult to turn down paying work just because it doesn’t get your mind bubbling.

Another hard but valuable lesson was discovering that even if someone is indeed passionate about your work, it doesn’t mean they get it. We were briefly represented by a person who had our career pointed in a very scary direction, if we had stayed on that path, I can tell you right now I would have ended up smashing my camera, packing it all in, and becoming an acupuncturist. Thankfully though, we had the sense to leave, even if said agent made the process unnecessarily unpleasant.

So we’re flying by the seat of our pants, and it’s a great way to be. I’d rather be the highly inflammable concoction of reckless, calculating, stick to my guns, master of my own destiny person, than a watered down version of myself.

So, it’s time for Kate and I to get back to our essential selves. We’re doing a million casting calls; we’ve got some fab projects under way, and some wonderful magazines to work with in the coming months.

We’re on the edge of a fantastic relaunch.




Above, for starters, is the wonderful new logo designed by the talented, the wonderful, the lovely, WSDIA.
I can't bloody figure out how to put it on the blog though....

Kisses
Milla

1 comment:

Ziesdov61 said...

Remember, though, that the tragedy in life is not selling out; it's trying to sell out and not finding any buyers.