Friday, July 4, 2008

Trying to supplant the bitter with the sweet. Sort of.

So, I've been low on the blog posts cuz I can't bring myself to talk about what's mostly on my mind, which is how disappointed I am with so many aspects of visual culture. I just get weighted by the negativity of it and would rather be buoyant.

And with the abundance of imagery speeding relentlessly, fashionably, in front of my eyes, I've become over-saturated to the point of nausea. So in an effort to swap it all around, turn that frown up side down, I'm going to take inspiration from the pace and saturation of the web, by taking the 'hot or not' approach to perspicacity:

If within the first blink, it (image, portfolio, site, video) looks like something I've seen before, I'm on to the next.

So, with that in mind, please take the time to watch this, I assure you it's different.



Milla

PS As I tried to embed this it came to light that the video has been flagged for questionable content. I'm assuming they mean the computer generated penis, or maybe they mean the vulgarity of a distended, hyberbolic obesity? Which reminds me of watching tele last night. I was skimming through the channels, looking for something to actually stick with for an hour or two, and I would see how hard nipples, or maybe darkened areola were blurred for our protection, sexy scenes were edited out for our safety, faraway tribes-people covered with pixels to preserve, their, no, I mean our, modesty, even the Coppertone Kid no longer has an ass crack, but then I landed on one of those therapy shows, real life, not simulated, and they're showing in great freaking detail, a girl who cuts herself, I'm talking about extreme close up shots of razor blades and deep, tissue-exposing lacerations.

I don't get the method behind that selectivity.

So much for keeping it sweet...

Milla

No comments: