Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Dreamy



Last night, I had a dream that I was dead and that when you were dead, you became a star in the sky and all of this made sense when I thought about the speed of light. Like, "I wasn't even here in the first place. I was here in the past and all of this is an image traveling at the sluggish speed of light across eons to flicker for me now so, it doesn't matter if I'm dead anyway". At least that's sort of how it sounded in my dream.

In the dream, to make one's way to space, it was necessary to negotiate what seemed like an endless unavoidable criss-cross of electrical wires which, while generally harmless in the spirit world, still packed quite a punch. They had a way of running you off course like when you get churned up by the sea and can't tell which way is up. This is how the sky felt in my dream and, more than once, I found my way, unwittingly back to earth.

Love,

Kate

No comments: