Friday, February 1, 2008

Repost.

Silly twitters that we are, mentioned this before the official announcement was made, so we had to take it down.

!!!



I just saw a TV show about how Kanye was a really bad sport when he didn't win a few music awards. I guess that's not cool, but people don't get to compete for VMAs and AMAs and the like without being competitive to begin with. Certainly there is a sportsgirllike way of doing things but there is something to be said for being acknowledged by your peers and being pissed off when you aren't.

So when Kate told me this morning that we were selected for Humble Arts Foundation's 31 under 31 exhibition, I was elated. Sometimes you have to wonder if the work you make is at all relevant -I can't produce in a vacuum, so if we get no response from the world, I can only assume the work isn't resonating with the world, and then I'm failing as an art/image/picture-maker.

That's why it feels so good and important to win these sorts of things -you're reminded that the work is relevant, the images do resonate, and there is connectivity again. Yes.

I feel so honoured to be selected, Humble Arts is such an exciting venue for emerging artists and I love squeezing the life out of age specific competitions!

We have a few new bodies of work in the making, and it'll be fab to exhibit our personal work, and let the commercial stuff take a back seat for a mo'.

No comments: